Just joined an organic food co-op called Purple Dragon. I picked up my first food share last night in Maplewood, and then drove the long, dark, windy road through Irvington to get home. Not such a nice neighborhood, for those of you who don’t know. When I got home and had a chance to happily paw through the loot, this is what we had gotten:
- a bag of fresh blueberries (Dahlia was VERY happy about this one)
- a bunch of carrots
- 3 fresh red onions, greens and all
- some green kale
- a bunch of dark green lettuce
- 4 ears of corn
- a small cantaloupe that promises to be sweet
- a bunch of fresh flowering herbs that I have yet to identify. Possibly oregano? marjoram?
The mystery herb has been identified as Thai Basil!
- abag of green beans
- 3 tomatoes
- some small yellow and green squash
- one funky looking cucumber
- a bunch of bananas
So now I really have to get cookin’!